Saturday 20 August 2011

One for the boys!

Good morning

This is a scheduled post as I will be at the hairdressers this morning having a long overdue hair cut and colour!!! Shame I am not going out anywhere tonight to show it off - typical!!!!

My good friend Bev from dancing asked me to make her a card for her son Lyel who is turning 16. I asked her what he is into and she said Football and he supports Newcastle. Well living in a house with 3 males I have to know a bit about sport and straight away I knew it had to feature black and white stripes.

This is a large 8x8 inch card.

I have tried to take the next 2 photos of this card to show you my favourite feature on it, I stamped the footballs onto the black card in Versamark and then embossed them with clear embossing powder to give the shiny effect, I really like this look! Hope you can tell from the photos!
This is a retired stamp set by the way and I had to call upon my trusty downline Sarah-Jane to loan me the set - thanks SJ

Once I had finished the card I was worried it might not be "Newcastle" enough, so I said to Ross, "if you saw this card on someones mantlepiece, what football team would you think they supported" - his reply was Newcastle, perfect!!

Back tomorrow with details of todays scrapbook club!

Jules x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Whisper White, Basic Black
2. Papers – None
3. Stamps – Just Soccer (retired)
4. Embellishments – Clear Embossing powder
5. Tools – Heat Gun, Big Shot, Timeless Type alphabet, Star punch
6. Mediums – Basic Black ink, Versamark

No comments:

Post a Comment