Thursday 13 February 2014

Birthday Boy

Hello there! No time to blog during breakfast today as I was half asleep! OOooo wasn't the wind and rain awful last night? Luckily I was in all night, there was no way I was going out in such bad weather but my lovely hostess from last Friday - Lucy - knew her orders were at my house so she braved the trip! The things we do for our goodies!!! Lucy left with 3 large boxes of goodies to dish out to her friends.
 Last weekend Evan went to a friends birthday party. I must say now he is 11 the frequency of party invitations has reduced (phew) and they are quite few and far between. I don't know Luke very well as he is in the year below Evan but I asked Ev what he liked and he said Football. I had seen a few cards on Pinterest with a large football using the Hexagon punch so I set about making one, but me being me, I wanted to create a little scene. So I set to with my new Fringe Scissors and created some grass. Now I know, technically this grass is a little long for football pitch but I was making use of my new scissors! I used Soft Sky for the blue background as I wanted to have a sunny looking card. Making this card made me long for the summer! I then added the Happy Birthday from Teeny Tiny Wishes and the Banner Blast stamps and punch from the Sale-A-Bration offering.
Luke's Mum approached me in the playground on Tuesday to ask me if I made the card and said how fab she thought it was!! She said they will keep it forever as it has his name on! Was lovely to know something will be so treasured!
Julie
shop now
supplies

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Julie, can see it being a theme for boys cards this year! Sam xx

    ReplyDelete