Tuesday 23 September 2014

Paper Haven Weekend Retreat - Day One

Well I think I am almost recovered from my crafting weekend! What a blast we had! A great group of ladies, fab food from the hotel and crafting all weekend! What more can you ask for?? Needless to say, I have booked a weekend in for next September so watch this space! I am always nervous running things like this, especially as I had new ladies this year whom I had never met before and I worry as to whether they will enjoy it! I needn't have worried, they were all fab and we laughed and laughed (waving to Gloria!!!)
This was my craft den before we loaded the car, I think though there are some things missing from this photo. The car was jam packed and Mr K was a massive help to me, helping me load the car and ferrying me to the hotel then helping me to set up once we got there.
 I like to set up displays of inspiration for my ladies and here is a little snippet of part of my Christmas display.
 I was lucky to have a really HUGE bed this time in my room, think it was about 6 feet wide! A nice treat to have all this room to myself. Each delegate at the retreat gets their own single occupancy room so they have chance to have a little time to themselves (we all need that sometimes!)
I had arranged to have these little "pillow gifts" placed in the rooms of the ladies to welcome them to the retreat. They contained a little bit of Molton Brown goodness (my fave!)
After dinner on the Friday evening we started the first class and learnt from last year that I shouldn't make this too difficult so I provided the girls with a plain tin, a stack of papers, a reel of ribbon and some card stock and showed them my designs and gave them a challenge of designing 6 cards. I did freak some of them out by doing this but they all produced some stunning designs!
Here are my samples
 And a few sneaky pics from the ladies makes.
 We went to bed fairly early (10pm) as everyone was tired from travelling and we knew that Saturday was a long day of crafting! I will share some of Saturdays makes with you tomorrow!
Julie
shop now

No comments:

Post a Comment