Sunday 20 March 2016

Male themed make!

Good Morning to you all and a very Happy Sunday! There was no blog for me yesterday as I was preparing for my second audition for a local production of Made in Dagenham, fresh from the West End last year. I am thrilled to say that I am back out of my little theatre retirement and will be playing the role I really wanted, Beryl the factory worker (the one punching the air at the back!). I am so excited to start rehearsals but have to wait until September. I hope you will be able to come along and see the show which runs in March 2017 in Leeds.

Anyway back to crafting! Today I am really pleased to share a card with you that we made at my Tuesday Club a couple of weeks ago. We had a male themed class and I saw a card very similar to this on the lovely Denita Wright's blog. I love Denita's blog and you can see the original card HERE
The card took a bit of work to complete. First we had the watercolored background which needed time to dry and then the girls had to stamp, colour and cut the car. The caravan was slightly trickier. We stamped it on Pool Party and then again on Whisper White and cut out the door and the window and then stuck them on top of the Pool Party version. Hope that makes sense. 
 Now you have to allow a little artistic license on this card as the caravan is not very big in comparison to the car but I think it makes a really fab combo and a perfect card for a caravan owner or beetle lover.
One of my lovely ladies asked if she could use some number stamps as she wanted it as an 80th card so I came up with the idea of adding them on the side of the car to make it look like Herbie! She also added the cute dog and flag and I think it looks amazing
 I have sold quite a few of the Beautiful Ride stamp sets since making this card. It's one of those sets that doesn't automatically jump out at you but its so useful!
See you tomorrow, have a great day
Julie
shop now
supplies

1 comment:

  1. congratulations!!! ... and thanks for sharing these cool cards xxx

    ReplyDelete